Thursday, May 19, 2011

Viva Costa Rica.

Today is my fifth day here in Santa Ana, Costa Rica...wow it doesn't seem like 5 days. Life here is very different, in an extremely good way. It's simple, yet refreshing.

I live with Ana (my host mom), Jose Carlos (my host brother-5 yrs.) and Luis Mario (my host brother-10 yrs). It's awesome. I love the kids. Jose Carlos is convinced that everything is "bike" in English. Bola (ball) = "bike" ----everything is bike. haha. Jose is also my "Spanish teacher". Everyday he gives me lessons in Spanish over vocabulary, even though I already know all the words he is "teaching" me. Luis Mario loves mixing Spanish and English. I don't see him much, but he is very helpful when I don't understand something. My host mom Ana is gone a lot, but I love talking to her. She is very kind.

The school is very beautiful. The nature here is absolutely amazing. God's evidence is everywhere. The trees, mountains, lizards, birds--everything. I can't wait to go exploring.
I've been praying about where God would have me in the future...this is a possibility. I love the hispanic culture and just how simple life is here. I don't need hot showers, nice cars, or nice clothes.

The weather is very interesting...bipolar to say the least. But I love it. It's cool in the early morning, it quickly warms up mid-morning, the afternoons are cool/raining. The nights are cool. We get the best of both worlds here. The language is a little difficult to understand, but I'm getting the hang of it.

I'll keep you posted!

Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment